JOB ADVT: Mechanical Laboratory Technicians, UTech, Jamaica February 15, 2017Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES, Uncategorized.
Tags: Jobs at UTech, Jobs at UTech Jamaica, UTech Jamaica
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
V A C A N C I E S
MECHANICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIANS
(LEVEL 5B) X (2)
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing, School of Engineering, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the positions of Mechanical Laboratory Technician. The selected candidates will be responsible for preparing laboratories for classes, assisting students in conducting and recording experiments as well as maintenance and repairs of instrumentations and equipment.
IDEALLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a Mechanical Technician in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge of common industrial transformation processes,
- Knowledge of a/c & refrigeration / hydraulic / pneumatic / robotics.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and testing mechanical systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Please apply in writing and attach a detailed resume. Applicants are strongly urged to submit applications via email.
Closing date for applications is Friday, March 3, 2017.
The Senior Director (Acting) – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6.
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2070