JOB ADVT: Industrial Laboratory Technologist, UTech, Jamaica February 13, 2017Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, Industrial Laboratory Technologist Job, Jobs at UTech Jamaica, Lab Tech Job, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Jamaica, UTech Jamaica Alumni
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
V A C A N C Y
INDUSTRIAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
The School of Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Computing (FENC) invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position of Industrial Laboratory Technologist. The selected candidate will assist in the instruction and demonstration of industrial engineering methodologies and in conducting fundamental and applied research in industrial engineering and related fields. The incumbent will assist in the day to day activities to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a similar position or in an industrial setting.
- Sound knowledge of principles and application of industrial and production engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance, improvisation and repair of industrial engineering equipment.
- Knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques and equipment used in testing the properties of materials.
- Knowledge of industrial processes involved in the major engineering subject areas: mechanical systems, properties of materials, manufacturing technologies.
- Knowledge of computer aided drawing, manufacturing and computer numerical controlled machines
Please apply in writing and attach a detailed resume. Applicants are strongly urged to submit applications via email.
Closing date for applications is Friday, March 3, 2017.
Senior Director (Acting)
Division of Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
Tel: (876) 927-1680 – 8; Ext. 2897
“Excellence Through Knowledge”