JOB ADVT: Purchasing Officer, UTech, Ja February 7, 2017Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: Jobs at UTech Jamaica, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Jamaica
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
Procurement & Office Services Department
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Procurement & Office Services Department for the following post:
Purchasing Officer – Level 7
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for the procurement of goods, services and works in a timely and effective manner to facilitate the operations of the University. The incumbent’s responsibilities include the selection of suppliers, negotiation of prices and administration of contracts. He/she also performs supervisory functions to ensure efficient throughput of the staff for the Department.
The preferred applicant will possess the following:
- in Management Studies, Business Administration, Accounts or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certified Purchasing Management certification
- Thorough knowledge of the tender and bid evaluation process and the Government of Jamaica procurement procedures and policies
- Knowledge of import regulations, shipping and customs procedures
- Knowledge of international procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of the principles governing the laws of contract
- Working knowledge and interpretation of Bills of Quantities and the assessment of contractors’ claims
- Sound knowledge of inventory and supplies management
- Excellent time management skills and ability to delegate
- Strong human relations, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Sound planning and organizing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact with good judgement and reasoning abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- Three (3) years work experience in local and overseas procurement of goods and services.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 17, 2017 or to:
Senior Director (Actg.) – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6.
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2815