Order Your ‘Luci Light’ Today! Support UTech, Ja! July 8, 2016Posted by utechalumni in Alumni Events, Alumni Relations Office, UTech Events, UTechJa Fundraising.
Tags: Alumni Fundraiser, CAST-UTech Alumni, Luci Light, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni, UTech Jamaica Alumni Fundraiser
WHY ARE WE FUNDRAISING?
The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Jamaica) continues to facilitate national and regional development in the context of a weak Jamaican economy; the ongoing reduction in the government’s subvention to the tertiary sector; and the resulting reduction in student enrolment and income from tuition. Consequently, the Alumni Relations Office (ARO) is fundraising to support the ongoing development of our UTech, Jamaica by increasing our financial capacity to:
- Support the Personal, Professional and Business Development of our alumni through the provision of relevant, good and services, inclusive of value adding content, through workshops, networking events, and social events
- Support the Student Welfare Fund established to offset the tuition, meals, boarding, transportation, and book expenses of financially challenged students
- Sponsor student events and promote a culture of investment in the University and its student body, within the mindset of our student population, prior to their graduation
- Appropriately resource the ARO in order to improve its human resource and administrative capacity to provide excellent customer service to its Alumni and student customers. A major need is to know our Alumni well, in order to support them in their professional, business and community pursuits, with the support of an appropriate Alumni Database. An Alumni Database would host complete contact records of our Alumni, noting relevant details of their student life through to their employment status, current professional, business and community interests and achievements.
The Luci Light Fundraiser is one of several fundraising initiatives to be facilitated by the Alumni Relations Office over time in support of UTech, Jamaica
WHAT IS LUCI LIGHT (Donation $1700)?
Luci Light is a miniature, inflatable, rechargeable, solar lantern, providing the same utility of a flashlight and which maintains charge for up to 12 hours. Luci was created by the MPowerd company. MPowerd is a USA company with the goal of creating an affordable, safe, clean energy light solution to enhance the quality of life of “1.5 billion people living without electricity in the developing world”. Learn more about the important work of MPowerd at https://mpowerd.com/pages/about .
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING LUCI WITH YOU?
- Clean, safe energy from the sun
- Lighting for power cuts and hurricane conditions
- Additional lighting in your car, and outdoors when you need it
- Improvement of decor for special events
- Portability, lightweight and convenient storage, as it folds down to 1 inch
- Safety from kerosene lamps and candles
- Elimination of replacement battery costs
WHAT ARE LUCI’S FEATURES?
- Lightweight at 4.4 oz
- Charges in 7 hours via the sun
- No batteries required
- Charge level indicator
- 8 cm high
- 7 cm diameter
- 5 cm when collapsed
Thanks to your feedback from the Market Research, the donation for Luci Light is $1700.
The supplier will donate a percentage to UTech, Jamaica based on sales facilitated by the Alumni Relations Office.
With Your Support and that of Your Family, Co-Workers & Friends, We Aim To sell a Minimum of 100 Luci Lights!
The Supplier will be on campus, and based in the ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICE, 3rd FLOOR MAIN ADMIN BLDG, during the last week of July 25 – 29th, 2016. We will inform you of the specific dates.
[***** 27-07-2016 Update: The Official July Sale Days have passed. However if you are still interested in contributing to our Fundraiser through a purchase of Luci Light, do call our Alumni Relations Office at 876-809-4274 ]
PRE-ORDER [ NB: Stocks are limited. Regrettably, Prices and Commission are impacted by sliding dollar]
Please use this form to pre-order so we can know how many Luci Lights to reserve for YOU.
If you are unable to visit our Papine Campus during the sale period, we regret that the Supplier can only facilitate delivery to donors based in the Kingston Metropolitan Area (KMA). If you are based outside of Kingston, and can arrange with someone in the KMA to receive the Luci Light for you, the Supplier will be happy to deliver it to your bearer on your behalf.
The Supplier is the seller (UTech Alumni Relations Office is the host/venue) and will accept CASH ONLY.
Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP
Certified Professional Life & Corporate Coach
Alumni Relations Manager
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road
Kingston 6, Jamaica W.I.
Ph: 876-970-5468 ext. 2468 / 876-809-4274
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: http://www.utechjamaica.edu.jm