UTech, Ja Market Research – Luci Light Fundraiser May 19, 2016Posted by utechalumni in Alumni Events, Alumni Relations Office, UTechJa Fundraising.
Tags: Alumni Fundraising, CAST/UTech Alumni, Luci Light, MPowerd, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni, UTech Alumni Relations Office, UTech Jamaica Fundraiser, UTech Students
[All photos taken from MPowerd.com creators of Luci Light]
THE ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICE
NEEDS YOUR HELP WITH MARKET RESEARCH FOR A PROPOSED FUNDRAISER
Why Are We Fundraising?
The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Jamaica) continues to facilitate national and regional development in the context of a weak Jamaican economy; the ongoing reduction in the government’s subvention to the tertiary education sector; and the resulting reduction in student enrolment and income from tuition. Consequently, the Alumni Relations Office (ARO) is fundraising to support the ongoing development of our UTech, Jamaica by increasing our financial capacity to:
- Support the Personal, Professional and Business Development of our alumni through the provision of relevant, good and services, inclusive of value adding content, through workshops, networking events, and social events
- Support the Student Welfare Fund established to offset the tuition, meals, boarding, transportation, and book expenses of our financially challenged students
- Sponsor student events and promote a culture of ongoing investment in the University and its student body, within the mindset of our student population, prior to their graduation
- Appropriately resource the ARO in order to improve its human resource and administrative capacity to provide excellent customer service to its Alumni and student customers. A major need is to know our Alumni well, in order to support them in their professional, business and community pursuits, with the support of an appropriate Alumni Database. An Alumni Database would host complete contact records of our Alumni, noting relevant details of their student life through to their employment status, current professional, business and community interests and achievements.
We hope to achieve our ongoing fundraising goals through several initiatives over time. Today with your help, we will assess the viability of the Luci Light as an appropriate fundraising product.
What is Luci Light?
Luci Light is a miniature, inflatable, rechargeable, solar lantern, providing the same utility of a flashlight and which maintains charge for up to 12 hours. Luci was created by the MPowerd company. MPowerd is a USA company with the goal of creating an affordable, safe, clean energy light solution to enhance the quality of life of “1.5 billion people living without electricity in the developing world”. Learn more about the important work of MPowerd at https://mpowerd.com/pages/about .
What are the benefits of having Luci with you?
- Clean, safe energy from the sun
- Lighting for power cuts and hurricane conditions
- Additional lighting in your car, and outdoors when you need it
- Improvement of decor for special events
- Portability, lightweight and convenient storage, as it folds down to 1 inch
- Safety from kerosene lamps and candles
- Elimination of replacement battery costs
What are Luci’s features?
- 6-12 hours of light after charge
- Charges in 8 hours via the sun
- 15 square feet of lighting area
- 10 LED lights
- Lightweight at 4.4 oz
- No batteries required
- 8 cm high
- 7 cm diameter
- 5 cm when collapsed
How Can You Help?
We would truly appreciate it, if you would take the time to complete the following Market Research Survey, and help us assess the viability of using Luici as a fundraising product.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Hopefully we will be in touch soon!
Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP
Certified Professional Coach
Alumni Relations Manager
University of Technology, Jamaica