JOB ADVT: Senior Accounting Clerk, CMI April 20, 2016Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES, Uncategorized.
Tags: Caribbean Maritime Institute, CAST-UTech Alumni, Senior Accounting Clerk Job, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
CARIBBEAN MARITIME INSTITUTE
April 20, 2016
We are inviting suitably qualified individuals to apply for the post of Senior Accounting Clerk
Under the direction of the Chief Accountant, the incumbent will perform various accounting tasks by adhering to standard operating procedures. These tasks include the preparation of bank and other reconciliations and the maintenance of Fixed Assets Register.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for both local and foreign accounts
- Propose and prepare adjusting journal entries based on findings from bank reconciliations
- Record payments received in the bank accounts to the relevant customer accounts
- Prepare fixed asset register with additions and disposals
- Monitor fixed asset purchases and keep track of items, location and custodian
- Prepare monthly depreciation schedules
- Prepare investment schedules (principal and interest accrued)
- Prepare investment maturity dates and make appropriate journal entries for withdrawals and additions.
- Prepare audit schedules for Cash, Bank, Fixed asset and Investment.
- Prepare payroll (fortnightly)
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delays payments and other irregularities
- Maintains accounts receivable (AR) customer files and records
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance
- Training in an accounting software (knowledge of MS Dynamic is an asset)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- AAT Level III or ACCA Level II or Equivalent
- Five (5) CXC or GCE passes including English, Mathematics and Accounts
- At least three (3) years in a similar position
- Experience in costing and auditing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Applications accompanied by resumes should be submitted no later than Friday, April 29, 2016 to:
Human Resources Manager
Caribbean Maritime Institute
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Ja) shares career and other opportunities on this blog, sourced from non-UTech, Ja entities and organizations, based locally and overseas. This is done as an information service to its alumni community and other users. UTech, Ja is not liable for any loss or damage, personal or otherwise from the use of said information. UTech, Ja does not guarantee that your participation in any of the activities referenced will be a good and safe decision for you. It is understood that users of the blog will do their own research and proper due diligence, to determine what is a profitable and safe opportunity, before committing to any action.
Alumni Relations Office
University of Technology, Jamaica