JOB ADVT: Cost & Mgmt Accountant, CMI April 20, 2016Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: Accountant job, Accounting Job, Caribbean Maritime Institute, CAST-UTech Alumni, Cost and Management Accountant Job, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
Caribbean Maritime Institute
April 20, 2016
We are inviting suitably qualified individuals to apply for the post of Cost and Management Accountant.
Under the direction of the Director, Finance and Accounts, the incumbent will provide leadership and full technical support for all cost-related activities; conducting cost benefit analysis for all processes, programmes, proposals and projects of the Institute and determining the opportunity costs of financial resources.
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting control and procedures regarding operation and financial efficiencies.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for all processes, programmes, proposals and projects of the Institute and determining the opportunity costs of financial resources.
- Compile analyze costing information and prepare cost accounting reports for decision making by management.
- Prepare, analyze and review budget statements for income, expenditures and capital and make comparisons to actual spending, identifying gaps an reporting variances to management for decision making
- Improve operational accountability through the design and implementation of performance measurement systems aimed at setting targets for department and schools and monitoring performance against these targets.
- Monitor the Institute’s fixed asset purchases against budget and procurement guidelines
- Monitor the Institute’s investments
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules
- Assist with cash and bank reconciliations
- Knowledge of Financial Management best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High Degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
- At least a First Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent qualification
- At least five (5) years in a similar position
- Experience in costing and auditing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Applications accompanied by resumes should be submitted no later than Friday, April 29, 2016 to:
Human Resources Manager
Caribbean Maritime Institute
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Ja) shares career and other opportunities on this blog, sourced from non-UTech, Ja entities and organizations, based locally and overseas. This is done as an information service to its alumni community and other users. UTech, Ja is not liable for any loss or damage, personal or otherwise from the use of said information. UTech, Ja does not guarantee that your participation in any of the activities referenced will be a good and safe decision for you. It is understood that users of the blog will do their own research and proper due diligence, to determine what is a profitable and safe opportunity, before committing to any action.
Alumni Relations Office
University of Technology, Jamaica