Why You Should Be Active on LinkedIn March 23, 2016
Posted by utechalumni in Alumni Relations Office, Business Development, Job Search Tips, JOB VACANCIES, Personal Development, Professional Development, UTech Events, UTechJa Fundraising.
Tags: Alumni Relations Office UTech, CAST-UTech Alumni, Cheryll Messam UTech Alumni Relations Manager, Donations to UTech, Donations to UTech Jamaica, Job hunting, job search, LinkedIn, Professional Development, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni, UTech Ja, Why You Should Be Active on LinkedIn
In keeping with our commitment to sharing content that will support your Personal, Professional, Academic and Business Development Goals, we share 10 simple reasons why we believe you should be ACTIVE on LinkedIn.
- It is the premiere social media networking site for professionals, entrepreneurs and students who have personal, professional, academic and business development goals
- Your actions and engagement on LinkedIn have a potential reach of 400 + million users, located in 200+ countries, with 70 % of the users living outside of the USA. This is good for persons with international interests.
- It has a powerful search engine which enables you to be highly selective in generating search results for the unique set of characteristics of the professionals and organizations you most wish to connect with
- Its profile feature enables you to thoroughly research your target professional or organization, enabling you to be be fully prepared and confident when you make contact for academic, business or job hunting purposes
- Through the Group option, you can improve your networking results, keep abreast of cutting edge trends in your industry, and learn new information and skills about areas of interest well beyond your current professional role
- It provides you unfettered access to the intellectual capital of world leaders and industry leaders and influencers
- It provides you with a platform to showcase samples of your work, and share your intellectual capital, thereby allowing you to be seen as an expert in your profession. This in turn increases the likelihood of your success in job hunting, as well as being offered career, academic and business opportunities by other professionals located across the world
- It has dedicated online learning, sales, and recruitment options
- It provides highly useful and value -adding functionality with its free option, which you can further enhance with a paid subscription
- Based on current business and lifestyle trends, and the influence of the internet on daily life, increasingly, if you do not have a professional online presence, through which interested parties e.g. Prospective Employers, Scholarship Donors, Venture Capitalists, Prospective Business Partners can research you, this will be seen as a ‘red flag.‘ Not having a well crafted, professional, online presence will make you un-competitive as a professional and entrepreneur who needs a thriving network in order to accomplish significant goals. With the growing dominance of LinkedIn in the professional, business and academic space, it is the first online context that anyone wishing to research you will visit.
Have we convinced you that if you are a career conscious professional or serious entrepreneur that you need to be ACTIVE on LinkedIn?
Add Us in the Alumni Relations Office to Your LinkedIn Network Here!
Join Your LinkedIn Alumni Group Here!
Want to maximize the opportunities LinkedIn presents you to achieve your personal, professional, academic and business goals, but confused about how LinkedIn truly works?
The Alumni Relations Office Will Help You!
As you know we in the Alumni Relations Office at UTech, Jamaica offer a variety of Professional Development Services. Among our services to you is the LinkedIn Profile Review and LinkedIn Networking Strategy Consultation. From these services you will learn how to optimize your LinkedIn Profile as well as what strategies to use to accomplish your networking goals on LinkedIn.
For each of our Professional Development services we request a donation of JAD$3000 to our University. Alumns who wish to purchase 3 or more services receive significant discounts. Part-proceeds will be given to the Student Welfare Fund.
Learn more about our Professional Development Services and your opportunity to donate to strengthen UTech, Jamaica’s capacity to serve you as Alumni and our students, by selecting the 2 links below. In addition, feel free to call us at 876-970-5468 or 876-809-4274 or email us at email@example.com, if you have additional questions about our Professional Development Services.
*****Even if you are an Alumni currently based outside of Jamaica, and you wish to benefit from our services, we want to support your goals too. So contact us today.
Alumni Relations Office – Professional Development Services
UTech, Ja Alumni Donation for Professional Development
Alumni Relations Office – Professional Development Services Donation Form
UTech, Ja Alumni Donation for Professional Development Form
Enter a caption
Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP
Certified Professional Life & Corporate Coach
Alumni Relations Manager
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road
Kingston 6, Jamaica W.I.
Ph: 876-970-5468 ext. 2468 / 876-809-4274
email: firstname.lastname@example.org |www.utechjamaica.edu.jm