JOB ADVT: Educational Technology Specialist, UTech, Ja February 3, 2016Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES, Uncategorized.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, Educational Technology Specialist, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
Office of Distance Learning (Academic Affairs Division)
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Office of Distance Learning for the following post:
Educational Technology Specialist – Level 10
The Educational Technology Specialist has primary responsibility for providing specialist technical assistance for the overall research, development and effective use of new and advanced information communication technologies (ICTs) and other multimedia resources. He/she is responsible for supporting UTech faculty, staff, students and other relevant personnel in specific areas of distance teaching, learning and research in technology-mediated environments. He/she will work with other central units, multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams to coordinate the use of ICTs and other multimedia resources.
The Educational Technology Specialist coordinates the core technical operations and support services provided by the Office of Distance Learning to the University’s internal and external stakeholders. He/she also oversees the development of the UTech Virtual Learning Centre web portal and ensures its currency.
Masters degree in Computer Studies, Education or related discipline with focus on Educational or Instructional Technology, Instructional Systems Design, Distance Education or equivalent qualifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current educational technology trends, emerging tools and techniques for teaching-learning interactions, material production and delivery in distance learning environments.
- Working knowledge of the local and regional educational systems and current/potential levels of access by target user-groups to educational technology tools and alternative media delivery including satellite, broadband and wireless communication, cable or telephone networks (land and mobile) and broadcast television.
- Working knowledge of academic programme design and course development processes with the integration of media technology for teaching, learning and social networking.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of real and virtual time management.
- Working knowledge of copyright policies and intellectual property rights for various technology-mediated learning environments.
- Customer Service
- Adult learning techniques and technical training techniques.
- Essential instructional systems design principles for integrating technologies, especially for diverse distance learning environments including web-based formats, satellite delivery, video conferencing and broadcasting television.
A minimum of 3 years experience in a related job involving multimedia and instructional techniques for teaching/training and learning, especially in an online or distance learning environment and preferably in a higher education institution.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration to email@example.com by Friday, February 5, 2016 or to:
Acting Senior Director – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6.
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 3030