JOB ADVT: Project Coordinator (Temp /6-Month) November 6, 2015Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: Gender Issues, Project Coordinator Jobs, Women's Issues, Women’s Resource and Outreach Centre Limited, Wormen's Rights, WROC
The Women’s Resource and Outreach Centre Limited (WROC), a Non-Governmental Organization, seeks a dynamic individual to assume responsibilities for
- the coordination of a 6 month project focused on initiatives towards building working as a political constituency. The project is being implemented with and on behalf of the 51% Coalition It is funded by UN Women.
The duties for the Administrator/ Co-ordinator include:
- Communication with and updating the members of the 51% Coalition about the project.
- Preparing the TORs and issuing of service contracts for specific activities.
- Monitoring the implementation of tasks/deliverables for persons working on the project.
- Communicating with Partners – eg. UN Women.
- Oversight of financial accounting on the project.
- Authorising the making of payments as approved by budget in coordination with the Project Coordinating Committee.
- Preparing reports for donors and partners and servicing monthly meetings of the Project Coordinating Committee.
- Ensuring timely implementation of the project while ensuring that the project objectives are maintained.
- Ensuring adequate plant and personnel for project implementation.
- Mobilising voluntary support of members of 51% Coalition for activities under the project,
including media and communications.
First degree in Social Sciences, or Communication
Working knowledge of gender issues and women’s rights will be an asset.
APPLICATION DEADLINE :November 21, 2015
Alumni Relations Office
University of Technology, Jamaica