CONGRATULATIONS UTech Class of 2015! October 15, 2015Posted by utechalumni in Alumni Events, Alumni Relations Office.
Tags: Graduation 2015, internship for university graduates in Jamaica, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni, UTech Class of 2015, UTech Graduates, UTech Ja
The Alumni Relations Office extends heartfelt congratulations to all of our graduates on the successful completion of your studies with us. We hope the following words and sentiments expressed in Edgar Albert Guest’s poem “It Couldn’t Be Done” will serve to inspire you to complete your life and career goals and achieve the quality life you desire and deserve.
It Couldn’t Be Done
Somebody said that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That ‘maybe it couldn’t,’ but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Somebody scoffed: ‘Oh, you’ll never do that;
At least no one ever has done it; ‘
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat
And the first thing we knew he’d begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it.
There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure,
There are thousands to point out to you one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start in to sing as you tackle the thing
That ‘cannot be done,’ and you’ll do it.
Edgar Albert Guest
About the Alumni Relations Office
The Alumni Relations Office of the University of Technology, Jamaica (ARO) is a unit within the organizational structure of the University. You are an Alumnus (male), or Alumna (female), or member of the Alumni Community, based on the fact that you are a past student of our University. The aim of the Alumni Relations Office is to foster a good relationship between the University and all its past students. We do this through programmes and services designed to:
- Connect alumni with each other for networking benefits in favour of their ongoing personal, professional and business development
- Connect alumni to the University to ensure that UTech remains a leader in national and regional development, with the assistance of alumni donations, volunteerism and advocacy
- Connect alumni to the current student body, in order that our students can continue to be inspired by the achievements of graduates who too have experienced student life and have triumphed personally, professionally and academically
Our Alumni Stakeholders
Our past students connect with us in several ways, such as:
- As private citizens not attached to any Alumni Affiliate Group, but who wish to support the University or who want information e.g. transcripts, statements, how to establish scholarships, or event details
- As Affiliate Alumni Groups which operate independently of the University, with their own executive and/or elected governing body, and membership fees, and which offer programmes, services, and events, to support the interests of their own members as well as the interests of UTech, Jamaica. These include:
- The Alumni Association, UTech
- The New York Metro Alumni Chapter
- The CAST-UTech Alumni Chapter of South Florida
- The Pharmacy Alumni Group
- The Caribbean School of Architecture Alumni Group
Benefits of Maintaining Contact with UTech, Ja via the Alumni Relations Office
We serve past students and current students through the following methods and opportunities:
- Email and Social Media updates on relevant alumni &/or UTech news, events or other information
- Personal & Professional development workshops
- Sharing Job Searching & Career Management Information
- Career Consultations
- Networking events
- Social events
- Volunteering opportunities
- Referrals to job opportunities
- Networking for jobs, projects & re-location
- Research on University matters
Some services may attract a modest fee, which enables the Office to respond to the needs expressed by our students who face financial challenges as they too seek to complete their studies at UTech, Ja. In addition, we are called upon to support Alumni who may have urgent negative circumstances e.g. Needing a medical procedure.
Why Not Connect with Us & Other Alumni?
Visit Your Alumni Blog: https://utechalumni.wordpress.com/
LIKE Your Alumni Fan Page:www.facebook.com/castutechalumni
Join Your Alumni Job Club:https://www.facebook.com/groups/utechalumnijobclub/
Join Your Alumni Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/utechalumni/
Join Your Alumni Linked In Network:http://jm.linkedin.com/in/utechalumnirelations
Tweet Us: https://twitter.com/castutechalumni
Join Us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/cheryllalumnirelationsmessam
We hope you will choose to stay connected with us across the miles and throughout the years ahead!
CONGRATULATIONS UTech, Ja. CLASS OF 2015!
Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP
Alumni Relations Manager
University of Technology, Jamaica
3rd Floor, Admin Building
237 Old Hope Road
Corporate email: email@example.com
Professional email: firstname.lastname@example.org