JOB ADVT: IT Laboratory Tech, UTech July 10, 2015Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: IT Jobs, IT Lab Technician
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
School of Computing & Information Technology
Laboratory Technician –Level 5B
The School of Computing and Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Computing (FENC) invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position of Laboratory Technician. The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing laboratories for classes, assist students with computer related assignments and maintain student accounts.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Computer Studies or equivalent qualifications.
- Prosoft Certificate in Internet Technologies.
- Comptia A+ Certification in Computer Repair and Maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of the use of the internet.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer systems.
- Knowledge of computer maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of computer troubleshooting techniques.
- Training in relevant computer applications.
- Training in diagnosing, troubleshooting software and hardware related problems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Please apply in writing and attach a detailed resume. Applicants are strongly urged to submit applications via email.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday July 20, 2015.
Division of Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
Tel: (876) 927-1680 – 8; Ext. 2897
“Excellence Through Knowledge”