JOB ADVT: 3 Maintenance Officers, UTech September 11, 2014Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, Maintenance Jobs, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
Facilities Management Department
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Facilities Management Department for the following posts:
Three (3) posts
The Maintenance Officer is responsible for carrying out maintenance repairs of equipment, buildings and property owned and operated by the University, establishing preventative maintenance procedures, and ensuring that all the required amenities are in place.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Construction Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized tertiary institution.
The preferred applicant will possess technical training in facilities repairs including plumbing, carpentry, masonry and electrical installation techniques and principles; training in supervisory management; training in conflict management; training in customer service; excellent time management skills; and basic project management skills.
The preferred candidate will also possess sound knowledge of:
- maintenance management practices, procurement/supply chain processes and building/construction materials, techniques and practices;
- safety regulations and procedures for mechanical/electrical operations and construction operations, inclusive of lock-out tag-out procedures;
- electrical installation, building construction trades;
- the operation of mobile equipment used in the maintenance of University facilities
- the University’s security standards and systems
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 19, 2014 or to:
Vice President – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2812/2896