JOB ADVT: Heads of School, Faculty of Education & Liberal Studies, UTech July 28, 2014Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, Faculty of Education & Liberal Studies, Head, Head School of Technical & Vocational Education UTech, School of Humanities & Social Sciences UTec, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech, UTech Alumni
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
THE FACULTY OF EDUCATION & LIBERAL STUDIES
Head, School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Head, School of Technical and Vocational Education
The Faculty of Education & Liberal Studies is seeking to identify suitable candidates for the positions of Head of School, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, and Head, School of Technical and Vocational Education.
The head of school has overall responsibility and accountability to the faculty dean for the operations, planning, development and maintenance of all programmes, courses and resources within the school. He/she is also responsible for promoting and monitoring the school’s relevance and involvement in all aspects of its administrative and academic operations. The head of school provides academic leadership and management to facilitate a collegial, productive and safe working environment in the school, the faculty and the university.
The head of school reports to the dean of the faculty and provides high quality academic leadership and strategic direction in the areas of research, teaching, consulting services, and community engagement consistent with the university’s and faculty’s vision and mission.
In addition s/he will:
- Provide leadership and support on adopting research-proven, standards-based instructional practice
- Partner with industry leaders and develop strategic alliances both internally and internationally to refine, articulate and improve the product offerings to better meet the needs of its growing client base.
- Oversee the implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures, particularly in relation to teaching and research and student supervision including advisement.
IDEALLY, THE CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- A PhD or an equivalent professional qualification in a discipline taught in the relevant school
- At least five (5) years relevant teaching and/or research experience at the senior lecturer level
- A proven record of academic administrative management with progressive levels of responsibility
- The ability to promote leadership and vision and effectively lead collaborative change
- A demonstrated commitment to student-centred learning, rigorous academic standards and to promoting an innovative teaching and learning environment
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Initial appointment is for three (3) years with provision for re-appointment, with any single candidate being eligible for appointment for a maximum of two consecutive terms. Interested persons who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration to email@example.com by Thursday, July 31, 2014, addressed to:
Vice President – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2070
=============================================================================Alumni Relations Office University of Technology, Jamaica 876-970-5468