JOB ADVT : Laboratory Technician – Biology – Level 5B, UTech July 2, 2014Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST/UTech Alumni, Jobs at UTech, Laboratory Technician vacancy, Temporary Jobs, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
Faculty of Science & Sport
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Faculty of Science & Sport for the following post:
Laboratory Technician – Biology – Level 5B (Temporary)
This individual will be responsible for preparing laboratories for classes and assist students and researchers in conducting experiments related to the biological sciences.
The preferred applicant will possess the following:
- Diploma in Laboratory Technology with specialization in Biology OR Certificate in Science Laboratory Technician in a biological laboratory, or equivalent qualifications.
- Knowledge of Laboratory techniques (biological and microbiological).
- Knowledge of biology and microbiology.
- Training in biological laboratory instrumentation.
- Training in preservation of specimens.
- Training in wide range of analytical techniques.
- Training in safety procedures and first aid.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
With Diploma, at least two (2) years working experience as a Technician in a Biological Laboratory.
With Certificate, at least four (4) years working experience as a Technician in a Biological Laboratory.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 9, 2014 or to:
Vice President – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6.
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2070
================================================================================Alumni Relations Office University of Technology, Jamaica email@example.com 876-970-5468