JOB ADVT: Prior Learning Assessment Coordinator, UTech June 12, 2014Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, Jobs at UTech, Prior Learning Assessment, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
Office of Curriculum Development& Evaluation
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Office of Curriculum Development & Evaluation for the following post:
Prior Learning Assessment Coordinator
Job Classification: Academic Management
Salary Grade: Level 9
The Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Coordinator has responsibility for the on-going development, implementation and co-ordination of prior learning assessments within the University. The PLA Coordinator will be involved in providing academic guidance in carrying out the evaluation of documents submitted by prospective students for matriculation and advanced placement. The coordinator is responsible for the management of the Prior Learning Assessment Unit including the marketing, promotion, and administration of the Unit. The PLA Coordinator is required to work collaboratively with PLA liaisons in the Colleges, Faculties and the UTech Academy in evaluating the knowledge and skills that have been learned through non-formal education, training, or experience. This evaluation will assist in determining the equivalency for credit to the University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech) course.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Masters Degree in Education/Education Administration or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years experience in teaching or academic administration at the tertiary level.
- Sound knowledge of adult learning theory, adult education principles and process, principles of experiential learning.
- Knowledge of UTech policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Prior Learning Assessment processes, systems, policies and implementation strategies.
- Applied Knowledge of the basic principles of adult learning and experiential learning.
- Knowledge of teaching and assessment methods.
- Excellent planning and organizational, communication, customer service, interpersonal, time management and facilitation and presentation skills.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 27, 2014 or to:
Vice President – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6.
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2813/2070
============================================================================Alumni Relations Office University of Technology, Jamaica 876-970-5468 email@example.com