JOB ADVT: Project Engineer January 16, 2014Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, Civil Engineering Job, Construction Engineering Job, Engineering Jobs, Ministry of Finance & Planning Jamaica, Project Engineer, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech Alumni
MINISTRY OF FINANCE & PLANNING
Application deadline: 5 days 40 minutes
Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position within the Public Expenditure Division of this Ministry.
The Project Engineer has responsibility for improving the civil engineering project implementation by ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs).
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Analyzing and appraising Civil Engineering projects and loan agreements to determine priority projects;
- Monitoring project implementation so as to promote efficiency and cost effectiveness;
- Facilitating mid-term reviews and undertaking process evaluations of projects;
- Analyzing budget proposals to ensure that limited resources are allocated to priority projects;
- Project design and management methodologies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- First Degree in Construction/Civil Engineering
- Two years related experience
- Experience in contract management and administration and/or project monitoring would be an asset
- Salary: $1,273,935.00 – $1,514,308.00 per annum
- Travelling: $514,500 per annum.
While we appreciate all applications, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume NO LATER THAN Tuesday, January 21, 2014 to the: –
Human Resource Management & Development Unit
Ministry of Finance & Planning
30 National Heroes Circle