JOB ADVT: Executive Assistant Vacancy – Faculty of the Built Environment, UTech September 20, 2013Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: Executive Assistant Job, Faculty of the Built Environment, Jobs at UTech, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
Executive Assistant – Faculty of the Built Environment
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing technical support to the Dean – Faculty of the Built Environment, by performing a variety of high level administrative functions including scheduling of appointments, organizing and facilitating both internal and external communication, coordinating and monitoring budgets, to enhance the divisional operations, proposing improvements to administrative systems and assisting with the preparation of reports and papers. In addition, the incumbent attends and provides administrative support at select meetings.
The preferred applicant will possess:
- A First Degree in Management or equivalent,
- A Postgraduate qualification or a related discipline;
- At least five (5) years working experience in management;
- Sound knowledge of business protocol and practices within the University, standard office practices and procedures, research methodologies, the Robert Rules of Order, university administrative and academic systems,
- Sound knowledge of budget preparation and general accounting principles, high level report compilation;
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity, who meet the specified requirements, are invited to submit applications for consideration to email@example.com by Friday, October 4, 2013 or to:
Vice President – Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6.
Tel: (876) 927-1680-8, ext 2813/2070