JOB ADVT: IT Technician Job Vacancy September 20, 2013Posted by utechalumni in JOB VACANCIES.
Tags: CAST-UTech Alumni, geejam studios, IT Technician Job Vacancy, Trident hotel, University of Technology Jamaica, UTech, UTech Alumni
Dear CAST – UTech Alumni, we are happy to share with you that Geejam Hotel/Trident Hotel wishes to hire an IT Technician. The details are noted below. We hope that the successful candidate is a member of our Alumni Community. If you are successful please let us know. This will help us know if this service of posting jobs on the Alumni Blog is beneficial to you our valued alumni.
Alumni Relations Office
University of Technology, Jamaica
IT Technician Needed (Geejam Hotel/Trident Hotel)
The persons must be willing to relocate, have great technical and troubleshooting skills as well as good communication skills. Any other information is available on request. See below for the basic outline of the job.
Technical and other work
1. Conducts technical maintenance and run cables when necessary.
2. Ensure cleanliness of computer and peripherals .
3. Monitor CCTV and backup footage on a daily basis.
4. Monitor servers, ensure functionality and troubleshoot when necessary.
5. Backup data on all office computers on a weekly basis.
6. Monitor Internet, troubleshoot, report outage and ensure restoration of service and keep record of same.
7. Monitor televisions, remotes, music system, printers and other equipment to ensure functionality.
8. Assess and repair defects to machinery and equipment if possible, and dispatch to repair shop, monitor until returned, if not possible to repair.
9. Regularly check and service telephones, Internet modems and other office equipment.
10. Assist with CCTV wiring and maintenance and surveillance cameras installation and maintenance.
11. Assist with gate intercom and electronic gate system repairs and maintenance and other related devices and equipment
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Mr. Dale Virgo
Technical Director/Studio Manager
San San | Port Antonio | P.O. Box 7312 | Portland | Jamaica | W.I.
Office: +1876 993 7246-7 | +1876 618 8001
Fax: +1876 993 7156